(this is my response after having to download iTunes Extras 3 times so far… Apple, are you listening?!)
Thank you for the new downloads. The problem persists with those as well. Please do not activate another set of downloads, as my hard drive is getting bloated.
Here’s what is happening, with ANY iTunes Extras that I’ve downloaded…. This is the second one I’ve tried, and because I can’t use it on Apple TV, or iPad, why bother? Seriously, why does iTunes have these if they don’t work?!?!!?
1) The iTunes Extras interface runs, and I see and hear the menu environment.
2) I choose Play Movie, or any of the Extras.
3) The screen fills with “black” and if I move my mouse, the playback controls show.
4) NOTHING Happens. The playhead is not advancing, there is no sound, and no image. Just black space.
5) If I click on the play button, or scrub to the middle of the timeline, still nothing.
6) If I choose Chapters, then I see the thumbnail of where it is supposed to be, but when I release, the movie “plays” with no sound, or image.
This is now consistant with any iTunes Extras that I buy. It does not happen when I buy just the movie.
This is so sad, that Apple, and Disney, a duo in control of media, can’t get their media to work on Apple hardware, using Apple technology.
So, please, I want my money back for both Tron movies.
And will you PLEASE tell iTunes, Apple, Disney, Steve Jobs, someone with the power(?), that this is not working!?!?
Thank you for my full refund.
Frustrated and totally turned off,
On Apr 07, 2011, at 11:12 AM, iTunes Store wrote:
I wanted to send a quick note to see if you are still experiencing any difficulties with the iTunes Store. Resolving your issue is important to me, so please don’t hesitate to reply if you need any further assistance.
iTunes Store Customer Support
Please Note: I work Tuesday-Saturday.
From 07:00 AM-04:00 PM CST
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Govind and I’m glad to assist you today.
I’m sorry to hear that the movie ‘Tron: Legacy’ does not play on your computer. I know your purchases are valuable to you, so I can certainly imagine how this could upset you.
Eric, to resolve this issue I have reposted the movie to your account. Please follow these steps to download the item: